The Global Approach was completed by Council Decision 90/683/EEC, which was replaced and brought up to date by Decision 93/465/EEC. These decisions lay down general guidelines and detailed procedures for conformity assessment that are to be used in New Approach directives. Thus, conformity assessment is based on:
- Manufacturers' internal design and production control activities
- Third party type examination combined with manufacturers' internal production control activities
- Third party type or design examination combined with third party approval of product or production quality assurance systems, or third party product verification
- Third party unit verification of design and production
- Third party approval of full quality assurance systems
In addition to laying down guidelines for the use of conformity assessment procedures in technical harmonization directives, Decision 93/465/EEC harmonizes the rules for the affixing and use of the CE marking.
to browse for standards associated with each specific European Union New Approach Directive.
Keywords: CE marking, CE Mark, European business, EU regulations, EU business requirements, European trade barriers, New Approach directive, technical construction file, EN, prEN, ISO, IEC, ITU, ETSI, CEN, CENELEC, EU regulatory compliance